Search This Blog

Tombs of the Babi Kings in Junagadh in Gujarat

Monday, October 2, 2017

After visiting the Mahabat Makbara and Bahauddin Makbara we headed over to see the Tombs of the Babi Kings located a couple of meters away in Junagadh.
Tombs of the Babi Kings in Junagadh


Tombs of the Babi Kings in Junagadh

To be frank, we didn't know that this place even existed as it was not mentioned even on the websites pertaining to Junagadh. Interesting find na. I am so happy.
More information on Tombs of the Babi Kings in Junagadh
We quickly asked locals as to how to enter the tomb premises. In a couple of minutes we were in the tomb premises.
Tombs of the Babi Kings in Junagadh
Not one tomb, but many are there. I guess, the King and his family members are all buried her. Some of the Tombs structure have beautiful art work on them. Something similar to the ones I saw at Mahabat and Bahauddin Makbara. Sadly as this is a grave complex, there are no signboards as to whom these tombs belong to. Maybe that is why the reason they are not listed on google maps.
Tombs of the Babi Kings in Junagadh
There are homes behind the tomb premises. "How would someone like to stay in the tomb premises?" I said to myself. Possibility is they are the caretakers. I saw a kid playing in the tomb premises, she advised me not to take snaps of the Tombs. To which I agreed as I was done with my photography shoots.
Tombs of the Babi Kings in Junagadh
Tombs of the Babi Kings in Junagadh
As the time was now 6 PM on my watch and the sun was about to set. We decided to call it a day.
Tombs of the Babi Kings in Junagadh
We had Uparkot fort lined up for the next day. 


NOTE: Please click on the words in large font in the blog to read about them. 

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...