Search This Blog

Satpati Lighthouse in Satpati in Maharashtra

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Satpati Lighthouse is located in the fishing village of Satpati which is near Shirgaon in the Palghar district of Maharashtra. 

View from Satpati Lighthouse

View from Satpati Lighthouse

The Satpati Lighthouse is around 35metres tall at little shorter than the one at Arnala. Infact the lighthouse is so tall that I could be seen from a distance. The lighthouse is painted white and red from the outside. The directions to it are tagged on google maps. 

There is a fee of Rs.10 for Indians and timings to visit the lighthouse. The lighthouse is not open to public in the afternoon. We paid the fee and visited the premises. A spiral staircase, next to the walls of the circular lighthouse leads us to the top. the spiral staircase might give vertigo issues at it is quite tall.
Spiral staircase leading to the top of the Satpati Lighthouse

Finally we were atop the lighthouse, a balcony there provides one with a 360 degree view of the sea (horizon) and the land around. The cool breeze blowing was also refreshing. One is not allowed to go near the lamp of the lighthouse. 
Satpati Lighthouse
We then headed back to the base of the lighthouse.  

We traveled by car to the lighthouse. The ST bus stand and rickshaw stand is very near to the lighthouse premises. As there were no ST buses there, not sure which buses come to Satpati. There is provision for food and refreshments near the ST bus stand.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting information!Perfect just what I
was looking for!

Anonymous said...

This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am genuinely happy
to read everthing at one place.

Anonymous said...

I like this weblog very much so much excellent information.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I enjoy reading through your post. I
wanted to write a little comment to support you.

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves it whenever people come together and share views.
Great site, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs!
Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts!

Keep up the fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

Your mode of describing all in this paragraph is really fastidious, every one be
capable of simply be aware of it, Thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

This is very fascinating, You are an excessively skilled blogger.
I've joined your rss feed and sit up for looking for extra of
your fantastic post. Also, I've shared your website in my social networks

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you're getting your information, but great topic.
I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.

Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this
information for my mission.

Anonymous said...

Great article.

Anonymous said...

I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your site.
It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you
hire out a designer to create your theme? Excellent work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally talking about >"Satpati Lighthouse in Satpati in Maharashtra" <Liked it!

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article.
I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post.
I'll definitely return.

Anonymous said...

This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something that helped
me. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular post! It is the little changes that make the
most significant changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Your style is so unique compared to other people I have read stuff
from. Thank you for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to give it a look.
I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm
bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
Superb blog and excellent style and design.

Anonymous said...

Hello all, here every person is sharing these
kinds of knowledge, therefore it's nice to read this webpage, and I used to pay a quick visit this weblog everyday.

Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I absolutely feel this amazing site
needs much more attention. I'll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the
advice!

Anonymous said...

Good blog post. I definitely appreciate this site.

Stick with it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally writing about >"Satpati Lighthouse in Satpati in Maharashtra" <Liked it!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to find out more? I'd care to find out more details.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this website.
I'm hoping to view the same high-grade content by you in the future as well.
In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my very
own site now ;)

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...