Search This Blog

Delhi : The backup plan

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

I had taken a week off from work to visit Rajasthan with a friend. Had planned to cover Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur in entirety.  Had got my itinerary planned, i.e. places to visit there. Now we were two weeks away from the commencement date and we had still not booked our tickets. Pranav was in two minds whether he should go or not.  Finally on my birthday, I popped up the question, Are you coming to Rajasthan? The answer has to be either a Yes or a No.  I got to know that he is not interested in doing the trip. I felt sad for the moment.

My plan was shattered, what do I do now? I don’t want to stay at home for a week’s time.  Were one of the many thoughts that were running in my head?  Finally I saw a ray of hope coming from another travel blogger from Delhi, named Rohan. Though we chatted on FB, we never met face to face. I decided to take my chances, I inquired with him, if he could show me around in his city if I made it to Delhi then. Rohan was more than pleased to hear that.

This is the first time ever that in a day’s time I decided upon my itinerary.  I shared it with him and he agreed to take me around. I planned Agra and Fatepuri Sikri also as they were nearby. He planned the trip in such a way that I get two days off to do, Agra and Fatepuri Sikri.

Thus the very next day I booked my tickets to Delhi and back.  As the departure day was just two weeks away I couldn't choose my train so had to do with whatever came my way.  

I managed to get tickets on board the Mumbai Lokmanya Tilak – Haridwar AC Express 12171 to Delhi on 4th March 2013. The train would take 24 hours to reach Delhi Hazrat Nizamuddin.  Most trains headed to Delhi leave from the Western Line. This was the first train that left from the Central Line, or should I say Harbor Line.  Inquired with a friend about the train. He informed me that the train is good, but the bad thing is that it doesn't have a pantry on board.  Meaning I need to buy food at the station, where the train halts. Something is better than nothing.

Return tickets were booked on the August Kranti Rajdhani on 11th March 2013. This was the first time I was travelling in the Rajdhani. It was a matter of great pride for me.

I kept Rohan posted on my arrival and departure dates and the trains I would be travelling by as he had to plan my itinerary accordingly.


Countdown began.

Finally I got the time to blog about it. 

1 comments:

The Author said...

'I took my chances' ?? Did i sound to you as a Mewati Bandit or something Bro :-P
That said, nice article; looking forward to the sequel posts :-) !!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...